Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Here is the reason I became so interesting in American Girl (Album)

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was also born in 1943 and have a doll that was bought in 1949 for me. It is an Effanbee doll and looks like the new Toni doll that came out last year. I have them standing by each other now with my Betsy McCall dolls.They can all share clothes. I have no idea if my doll was a Toni doll because of the way she was purchased. My best friend and I wanted a doll that had lots of clothes for Christmas in 1949, I was 6 and she was 5. Her mom could not sew at all and my mom did sew. My friend's mom asked my mom to make duplicate outfits for the dolls and she bought all the fabric and supplies for the clothes. The doll that my friend's mom bought was $3.95 at a department store.This was an average price for play dolls then. My mom could not afford to buy my doll in September since she had to wait for her Christmas Savings club check to shop. She worked late at night sewing for our dolls. Mom got her Christmas check and went out to buy the doll for me. The store had sold out of them. Mom started on a quest to find a doll to fit the outfits for me. She finally found this Effanbee doll that was the correct size for the clothes, she bought it even though it cost $20. This was one-fifth of her total check for Christmas. She did not tell me this story until after I was married and had our daughter.
    Thank you all for sharing your stories. Our dolls so hold so many memories for old and young.
    Kathy H.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are so lucky to still have those outfits. They are absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed your album very much and am jealous! lol You Grandmother was so talented and to think your Mother had some matching outfits!?! Thanks again forums

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love all those clothes and the story that goes with them! I'm sure that some of the doll clothes that my Grandma made for my dolls in the early 50's would fit my AG girls, and I wish I still had them. You are very fortunate to have this exquisite collection. Thanks for letting Molly model them for us! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow you have treasures there. Thank you so much for sharing pictures of the outfits with us. Your Molly Girl is very lucky.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for sharing! Molly looks right at home in all those clothes! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    Beautiful collection and so perfect for Molly!
    I so enjoyed all your pictures.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •